Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Winter Wonderland Early Access




Well...what do you think?

I was thrilled when I first got there - the graphics are great; I particularly like the moving train!

And - the best part - was that when I clicked on the nifty new storage building - the igloo - I was able to see my main farm storage. Grabbed my kicking cow in snowpile and then I decided to throw a tree into the igloo and head to my home farm to see if I would be able to move things back out or if they would be forever trapped.

And that was it. There is NO shared storage - apparently our ability on first visiting the Winter Wonderland was only a glitch.

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is - especially with Zynga.

There are some features I like:



  • gifts that can be unlocked by collecting hair dryers or pickaxes - if you're waiting for free access, I suggest you start collecting those now (also train parts and other assorted bits & pieces)

  • more plots than we had on Lighthouse Cove - they are still restricted by expansions - but the number you are able to have is much much higher - SO high, in fact, that you have to choose between plots and decorations; there just is not room for everything.

  • did I mention the graphics? The available crops are very pretty, with a good variety of growing times - and oh yeah - the train moves :)

  • coin items in the market!

But unfortunately, as is normally the case with Zynga in 2011, they have once again stuffed it up:


  • no shared storage - that, of course, is the biggie. Many of us have scads of winter items which we very much want to be able to use. We have been asking for this since Lighthouse Cove came out. It does not make SENSE to restrict items to particular farms, or to prevent us from moving them from one to another. It is irritating! And irritated farmers are less inclined to spend real money.

  • a few trees AND THEIR MASTERY SIGNS that are locked to winter. I collect and display tree mastery signs. It IRKS me no end to not be able to put them altogether. It also irks me to not be allowed to buy a polar ice tree for my main farm. I want to give Zynga money and they won't let me - how is THAT good business?

So .... my first impression is that Winter Wonderland is another one of Zynga's stingy, control freakish, poorly thought out experiments and I will not be spending FC - even though, as a result of the Cyber Monday 40% off sale I happen to have some - on any more items that can not be moved from one farm to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment